My daughter loves this cornbread because of the honey. It is sweet and delicious.
Sweet Honey Cornbread
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 1 cup yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs, room temp
- 6 tablespoons salted butter, melted
- ⅓ cup honey
- 2 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375F.
- Grease your cast-iron skillet and set aside.
- In a mixing bowl, mix together milk, eggs, butter, honey, and vanilla.
- Add the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt to wet ingredients.
- Gently mix together until just incorporated.
- Pour batter into the prepared skillet and bake 20-30 minutes until golden brown.
- Cornbread is done when a toothpick inserted in the center has a couple of tender crumbs attached to it. Not completely clean, or it might turn out dry.