An easy healthy and delicious way to use overripe bananas. My kids really love them.
Banana Bars with Chocolate Chips
Recipe type: Dessert
- 1 cup mashed ripe banana — about 3 medium bananas
- ⅓ sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter — melted and cooled to room temperature
- 2 tablespoons milk of choice
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¾ cup white whole wheat flour
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ⅓ cup plus 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips — divided
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease an 8x8 inch baking and set aside.
- Mash the bananas in a mixing bowl. Add the sugar, butter, milk, egg, and vanilla and mix until well combined.
- Add the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, and salt. to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the ⅓ cup chocolate chips and stir to mix.
- Pour batter into the prepared baking pan and smooth the top.
- Sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Place the pan a wire rack to cool completely.
- When cooled, slice into squares of the desired size.