This version is just as delicious as the traditional. The wine addition gives it a nice flavor.
Inside out Chicken Cordon Bleu
Recipe type: Dinner
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 slice of ham (of choice)
- 4 slices of swiss cheese
- Homemade cream of chicken soup (or 1-10oz can)
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 cup toasted bread (or 1 cup herbed flavored stuffing mix)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray a 9' casserole dish with non-stick spray.
- Place the chicken breasts in the casserole dish.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Place a slice of ham and a slice of cheese on top of each chicken breast.
- In a small bowl, combine the chicken soup and the wine.
- Pour mixture over the top of the chicken.
- Sprinkle bread crumbs or stuffing over the top of everything.
- Drizzle melted butter all over the top.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until cooked through.
- Serve and enjoy.