My husband needed a solid side dish to go with a Roast Duck he was making. Cornbread stuffing is always a favorite with Duck so he decided on this simple recipe.
- 1 packages Jiffy corn bread, baked ahead, allowed to dry out, then crumbled
- ½ (16 oz.) package herb seasoned stuffing
- 2 cups finely chopped celery
- 1 medium onions
- ½ stick butter
- 1 tsp. rubbed sage (optional)
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning (optional)
- 1 eggs, beaten
- 16 oz. vegetable broth
- Cook the Jiffy Cornbread using package directions. Rack cool and proceed as follows:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Combine cornbread, stuffing mix, sage and Italian seasoning in a large bowl.
- Add celery mixture, egg and broth.
- Mix thoroughly. (use a big bowl or you will have a mess!)
- Place all in a 9"×9″ baking or casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes.
You can make the Jiffy cornbread ahead of time but you don’t have to, it cools quickly while you are prepping the rest of the ingredients.
This stuffing went great with the Roast Duck! It made enough for seconds too!