My Husband got this recipe from one of his coworkers. He swears it tastes like an Italian Cookie and he likes it so much he actually will make it! (I think it helps that it is easy to make!! 😉 )
He was told the recipe came from the Fannie Farmer Cookbook, I have not confirmed that.
Here is the recipe…enjoy!
- 7 ounces almond paste*
- ¼ pound butter
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Confectioners' sugar, to sprinkle on top of cake
- Optional: 2 cups berries, fresh or frozen, for sauce**
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Combine the almond paste, butter, and granulated sugar in the bowl of a food processor and process until well blended.
- Add the eggs and process until well blended and smooth.
- Add the flour and baking powder and process only until the flour is incorporated.
- Spoon into an 8-inch greased SpringForm pan and bake for 35 - 40 minutes.
- Cool slightly (10-15 min) before removing from pan.
- Sprinkle confectioners' sugar over the top of the cake and serve plain or with some berry puree spooned over or alongside each slice.
** We have never made a sauce, great plain!.
And the finished product looks like this:
Even though I used plenty of grease, it stuck in two small spots, nothing a little sugar won’t cover!
Share this with your friends and let me know what they say!