I made this for New Year’s Eve and it was fantastic. My niece said we should have this every New Year’s Eve.
Orange and Maple-Glazed Turkey
Recipe type: Dinner
Serves: 8 to 12
- One 16 to 18-pound turkey
- 1 large yellow onion, quartered
- 1 orange, quartered
- 4 tablespoons salted butter, softened
- Salt and pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 cup maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees.
- Pat the turkey dry, inside and out.
- Plae the onion and orange quarters into the cavity.
- Tie the drumsticks together and tuck the wings under the bird.
- Rub butter all over the skin, then sprinkle generously with salt and pepper.
- Place the turkey on a rack set over a roasting pan.
- Roast for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, bring the orange juice and maple syrup to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Remove from heat.
- After 25 minutes, turn down the oven to 375 degrees and glaze the turkey with the orange-maple mixture.
- Continue to roast, glazing the turkey every 25 minutes until a meat thermometer inserted reads 165 degrees approximately 3 to 4 hours more depending on oven.
- Let rest 15 minutes.
- Carve and enjoy.