I made these cupcakes with a cream cheese frosting for my husband’s birthday. They were super easy, moist and delicious. He really enjoyed them
Red Velvet Cupcakes
- FOR THE CUPCAKES:
- 1-2/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 6 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon red food coloring
- CREAM CHEESE FROSTING:
- 4 ounces cream cheese softened
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter softened
- 1-1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line cupcake pan with liners and set aside.
- Beat together buttermilk, oil, vinegar, and vanilla.
- Add the flour, sugar, baking soda, cocoa and salt to the liquid mixture.
- Beat until combined.
- Beat in red food coloring.
- Fill cupcake liners about 2/3 full.
- Bake for 13 to 17 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- Make frosting:
- Beat butter and cream cheese until smooth, add salt.
- Add powder sugar a little at atime and beat with each addition.
- Add vanilla and continue mixing until smooth.
- Frost cupcakes as desired.