I like making this on Sundays in the winter it makes the whole house smell good. The turkey is perfectly moist every time.
Crock Pot Turkey Roast
Recipe type: Dinner
- 3-pound turkey roast
- ½ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup sherry or white wine
- ½ tablespoon brown sugar
- ¼ teaspoon ground pepper
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Easy gravy for serving:
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 chicken bouillon cubes
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 teaspoon dried sage
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Spray a 5 or 6-quart crockpot with cooking spray for easy cleanup.
- Place turkey in crockpot.
- Whisk all ingredients in a measuring cup.
- Pour over turkey.
- Cover and cook on low for 3 to 4 hours.
- After one hour, turn the turkey so that both sides get coated with the baste.
- Remove from crockpot and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- For Gravy:
- Combine the chicken broth and bouillon cubes in a microwave-safe measuring cup. Heat for 1 minute and stir. Repeat until the bouillon is dissolved.
- Melt the butter ina saucepan over medium heat.
- Add flour, onion powder, thyme, sage, and rosemary and cook for 1 minute.
- slowly whisk in the stock until smooth and bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer and cook, whisking until smooth and thick, about 1 minute.
- Add salt and pepper to taste. Remove from heat and serve immediately.