This recipe for cleaning oven racks is a simple and effective way to remove stubborn grime and grease. Using just a few common household items, you can have your oven racks looking brand new in no time!
To start, place a large bath towel in your bathtub to prevent scratches. Then, place your oven racks on top of the towel and fill the bathtub with enough hot water to cover the racks.
Next, add 1 cup of laundry detergent powder to a large jar, such as a mason jar, and add enough hot water to dissolve the detergent. Shake the jar to mix the solution, and then pour it evenly over the oven racks.
Sprinkle a little more detergent powder over the racks, making sure to cover all areas. Let the racks soak for six hours or overnight to allow the detergent to work its magic.
After the soak time is up, use a toothbrush or sponge to scrub away any remaining grime or grease. Rinse the racks thoroughly with hot water and dry them with a clean towel.
With this method, your oven racks will look as good as new! This is an easy and effective way to clean your oven racks, and once you try it, you will never go back to your old methods.
How to Clean Oven Racks
- Large bath towel
- 1 cup laundry detergent powder works best
- Large mason jar or any large jar
- Hot water
- Place towel in a bathtub (so the tub will not get scratched )
- Place oven racks on top of towel and fill with enough hot water to cover racks.
- Add 1 cup of detergent to a mason jar and enough hot water to dissolve and shake the jar to mix.
- Pour mixture evenly as you can over oven racks.
- Then sprinkle a little more detergent powder over racks.
- Let soak for six hours or overnight.
- When time is up, use a toothbrush or sponge to wipe away grime.
- Rinse well and dry.
- Your oven racks will look brand new.