My daughter made this when I had a really bad cold. It was delicious and hit the spot.
Slow Cooker Chicken Noodle Soup
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1-1/2 pound boneless chicken breast ( can be frozen too)
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 8 cups chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 onion diced
- 3 carrots peeled and diced
- 3 stalks celery diced
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 8 ounces pasta of choice
- Place the chicken into a 6-qt crockpot.
- Add chicken stock, garlic, onion, carrots, celery, thyme, rosemary, bay leaves, parsley; and season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook on low heat 6 to 8 hours.
- Remove chicken from the crockpot and shred using two forks.
- Add chicken back to crockpot and stir in pasta.
- Cover and cook on low heat for an additional 30-40 minutes or until pasta is tender.