My daughter loves Campbell’s tomato soup and this recipe taste exactly like it without all the added stuff.
Copycat Campbell's Tomato Soup
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 Tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 can tomato paste 6 oz
- 1 can tomato puree 28 oz
- 1 can tomato sauce 28 oz
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups whole milk
- Heat a large pot over medium heat with olive oil.
- Add chopped onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Then add the garlic and stir, cooking for about one minute.
- Add the salt, pepper, oregano, and sugar.
- Stir and cook for 1 minute.
- Add the can of tomato paste.
- Add the tomato puree, tomato sauce, and chicken broth.
- Stir together and cover partially with a lid and cook for 15 minutes.
- After the soup has cooked, pour in the milk and cook for 5 minutes.
- Blend with an immersion blender until smooth.
- Server and enjoy.