I use this recipe a lot in the summer using the zucchini from my garden. What I love about this recipe is that it makes two loaves which is great, because around my house one loaf does not last long.
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups of sugar
- 1 cup of canola oil
- 3-1/2 cups of flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 cups unskinned zucchini grated
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease 2 loaf pans.
- Beat the eggs.
- Gradually add the sugar and oil.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
- Alternately add with the grated zucchini to the wet ingredients.
- Stir in vanilla.
- Pour mixture into the 2 prepared loaf pans.
- Bake for 55 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
I sometimes add some raisins, walnuts or chocolate chips.