This is a quick easy meal that I am sure your family will enjoy!
Bison Cheeseburger Pie
- 1 pound ground bison
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1-1/2 tablespoon ketchup
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons sweet or dill relish
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese grated
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup whole milk
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons honey
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Grease a 9-inch pie plate.
- In a medium skillet, cook the ground bison over medium heat until no longer pink.
- Stir in minced garlic and cook for one minute or until fragrant.
- Drain the grease from the pan.
- Stir in garlic salt, pepper, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, dijon mustard, and relish.
- Pour the bison mixture into the prepared pie plate.
- Sprinkle the bison with the grated cheddar.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the milk, eggs, and honey mix until smooth and incorporated.
- Evenly pour the batter over the cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until the center is done.