I like giving these as gifts for Christmas. Just add a colorful ribbon with a label and you have a nice gift to give someone. My daughter also enjoys making and selling these at craft fairs, they are quite popular.
Oatmeal M&M Cookies In A Jar
- 3/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/3 cup M&M's
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Using a pint size mason jar, layer the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, oats, M&M's, brown sugar and sugar. Make sure to pack each layer tightly.
- Add a colorful ribbon and a label/tag with the following directions:
- Empty jar of cookie mix into a mixing bowl and mix.
- Add 1/4 cup melted butter.
- One egg, beaten and 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Mix until combined.
- Roll dough into a 1-inch ball and place to 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake for 12 to 14 minutes or until edges <g class="gr_ gr_46 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="46" data-gr-id="46">are</g> lightly browned.
- Coll on cookie sheet for five minutes, then transfer to wire racks.