Growing up I loved my grandma’s stuffing at Thanksgiving. It was always a big deal to watch her make. But unfortunately, I never thought about asking her for the recipe and my mother did not have either. So when grandma was no longer with us, that tradition ended. When I met my husband and when celebrated our first Thanksgiving together, I was introduced to his Mom’s stuffing which was closest to my grandma’s. Now my children look forward to their grandma’s stuffing every Thanksgiving which brings back fond memories of my grandma.
Thanksgiving Stuffing aka Grandma's Stuffing
- 1 package original saltine crackers 1lb
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 4 tablespoons butter melted
- 2 eggs beaten
- 1-1/2 tablespoons poultry seasoning or more to taste
- 2 qt. casserole dish
- Smash crackers and add to a bowl.
- Add chopped onions.
- Add small amounts of water, mix with hands until the desired moist consistency.
- Add eggs and mix.
- Add butter and mix.
- Add 1-1/2 tablespoons poultry seasoning or desired amount to taste.
- Spoon into casserole dish and smooth top evenly.
- Bake for 1.5 hours, cover with foil if the top is getting too brown or too crusty.
- Cool completely before serving.