My daughter made this for Mother’s Day. It was so delicious. She is so thoughtful and a great cook.
Creamy Smoked Salmon Pasta
Recipe type: Dinner
- 6 tablespoons butter
- ½ onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 cups milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed and drained
- 1 canned mushrooms, drained (4 oz)
- 10 ounces smoked salmon, chopped
- 1 (16 ounces) package penne pasta
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil.
- Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Saute onion in butter until tender.
- Stir in flour and garlic powder into the butter and onions.
- Gradually stir in milk.
- Heat to just below boiling point, and then gradually stir in cheese until the sauce is smooth.
- Stir in peas and mushrooms, and cook over low heat for 4 minutes.
- Toss in smoked salmon, and cook for 2 more minutes.
- Serve over pasta.
- Pan fry 1 to 2oz. of salmon and then stir it in for 2 minutes.
- May 14, 2017
- October 20, 2017
- February 14, 2018
- May 27, 2018