I had one very ripe banana left and I did not want to waste it! So, I decided to whip up some cookies.
Banana Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter at room temperature
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar packed
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 large egg at room temperature
- 1 large banana mashed
- 2 cups old-fashioned oats
- 1 cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips or dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line two baking sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine butter and sugars, mix until smooth.
- Add in egg and vanilla extract.
- Next, add the mashed banana and mix until combined.
- Slowly add in the flour mixture and mix on low until just combined.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips.
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, form the cookies into balls.
- Place cookies on a prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches apart.
- Bake for 12 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- Remove cookies from oven and let the cookies sit for about 5 minutes.
- March 24, 2018