A quick and easy one skillet meal. The chicken is so tender and juicy with a bold flavor from the combination of the honey and Italian dressing.
Honey Baked Apple Chicken
- 4 boneless chicken breasts
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion sliced
- 2 medium apples peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/3 cup zesty Italian dressing
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Add one teaspoon of olive oil to a large ovenproof skillet.
- Heat over medium-high heat.
- Mix honey and Italian dressing together set aside.
- Sprinkle each side of chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken and cook for 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat.
- Place onion on top of chicken, place apples around sides of chicken.
- Pour honey and Italian dressing mixture over chicken.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Spoon mixture <g class="gr_ gr_136 gr-alert gr_gramm gr_inline_cards gr_run_anim Grammar multiReplace" id="136" data-gr-id="136">in</g> skillet over chicken just before serving.