This is a quick, tender and delicious one-skillet dinner I am sure your family will enjoy.
One-Skillet Easy Pork Chops in Mushroom Gravy
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 6 in bone or boneless pork chops
- 1 can sliced mushrooms ( or 1 pound mushrooms, sliced)
- 1 cup sliced onions
- ¾ cup chicken broth
- ¾ cup beef broth
- ¼ cup flour
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Lightly salt and pepper pork chops.
- Heat a large skillet over medium to high heat.
- Add one teaspoon of olive oil to hot skillet.
- Sear pork chops in hot oil for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
- Remove chops from skillet, cover to keep warm.
- Add an additional teaspoon of olive oil to the same skillet
- Add sliced mushrooms, onions and saute until lightly brown, About 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with flour and cook for one minute or until all the flour has been absorbed.
- Add both chicken and beef broth. Stirring and scraping bits off the bottom of the pan.
- Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until thick.
- Add the pork chops back into the pan and continue to cook, uncovered for 20 minutes or until the gravy is reduced by half and is thickened.
- Cover and cook an additional 10 minutes or until pork chops are tender.