My family loves beef stew and this was so quick compared to the traditional stove top method. It was so hearty and delicious.
Instant Pot-Beef Stew
- 2 pounds beef stew meat cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 meduium onion finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 6 oz can tomato paste
- 32 oz beef broth
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 celery chopped
- 4 carrots sliced
- 4 potatoes cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/4 cup water.
- Place all the ingredients into the Instant Pot EXCEPT the flour/water.
- Stir until well combined.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set vent to the sealed position.
- Select the Meat/Stew option.
- Once cooking time is comple, allow a natural pressure release for 12 minutes, followed by a quick release.
- After Instant Pot is depressurized, mix the flour and water until smooth.
- Add the flour/water mixture to the Instant Pot and stir until stew thickens a little bit more. about 3 to 5 minutes.