These pancakes are delicious. The cinnamon apple topping makes them even better. The family can not get enought of these.
Pumpkin Pancakes with Cinnamon Apple Topping
Recipe type: Breakfast
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 large apple, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ⅓ cup canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- In a skillet, heat the butter over medium-high heat.
- Add the apples; cook and stir 3 to 4 minutes or until tender.
- Stir in brown sugar, maple syrup, and cinnamon; cook and stir for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, pumpkin pie spice, and salt.
- In another bowl, whisk eggs. milk pumpkin and oil until blended.
- Add to the flour mixture and stir just until combined.
- Lightly grease a griddle.
- Heat griddle over medium heat.
- Pour the desired amount of batter onto the griddle.
- Cook until top begins to bubble.
- Flip and cook until golden brown.
- Serve with the warm cinnamon apple topping.