Each bite of this delicious sandwich is like a trip to the green hills of Ireland. So good that you can almost hear the Celtic tunes in the nearby Pub.
Grilled Corned Beef and Cabbage Sandwich
Recipe type: Sandwich
- 8 sliced cooked corned beef
- 8 slices of bread of choice
- ½ cup fried cabbage
- 4 slices of cheese of choice
- Spicy brown mustard
- Place the 4 slice of bread on work surface.
- Spread spicy brown mustard on each slice of bread
- Divide the corned beef among bread slices.
- Top with fried cabbage and then a slice of cheese.
- Spread spicy brown mustard on remaining 4 slices of bread and cover, pressing slightly to adhere.
- Melt 1 tablespoon of butter in a nonstick electric skillet and set the temperature to 325 degrees.
- Place the 4 sandwiches in the skillet and cook until golden brown on the bottom, pressing occasionally with a spatula, about 2 minutes.
- Flip sandwiches over and cook until golden brown on the bottom and the cheese has melted.
- Serve with a pickle to complete this wonderful sandwich.