I made this on a cold snowy New England day and served it with homemade bread. It was so delicious, comforting and filling.
Instant Pot-Vegetable and Brown Rice Soup
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 cups potatoes, chopped
- 3 medium carrots, chopped
- 4 Clery sticks, chopped
- 1 cup dry brown rice
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 2 cups water
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Select saute on the Instant Pot.
- Add the olive oil and onion to the Instant Pot and cook until soft and brown, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and stir for a minute.
- Press cancel to turn off the Instant Pot.
- Add all the remaining ingredients into the Instant Pot.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Give the ingredients a good stir to distribute all the ingredients.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set the vent to the sealed position.
- Using the manual setting, select a 20 minute cook time.
- Once the cook time is complete, allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, followed by a quick release.
- Open the Instant Pot and give the soup another stir.
- Serve and enjoy.