This went well with the Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken I made.
Instant Pot - Brown Rice Pilaf
Recipe type: Side Dish
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup finely diced onion
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1-1/2 cups long grain or basmati brown rice
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1-3/4 cups chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Select saute on Instant Pot.
- Add butter.
- When the butter melts, add the onion and salt.
- Cook until the onions are starting to turn translucent.
- Add the rice and cook for 30 to 40 seconds, stirring constantly.
- Stir in the garlic and mix, and then add broth
- Place the lid on Instant Pot and set the vent to the sealed position.
- Using the manual setting, select 23 minutes cook time.
- Once the cook time is complete, allow a natural complete pressure release.
- Once the pressure is completely released, remove lid and stir.
- Serve immediately.