This smelled so good when it was cooking it filled the whole house. It tasted just as good as it smelled. The sauce really made the chicken so tender and juicy.
Crock Pot Teriyaki Chicken
Recipe type: Dinner
- 12 skinless chicken thighs
- ½ cup sugar
- ¾ cup soy sauce
- 6 tablespoons cider vinegar
- ¾ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¾ teaspoon minced garlic
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 4-1/2 teaspoons cold water
- Grease crockpot with nonstick cooking spray for easy cleanup.
- Place the chicken in a crock pot.
- In a large bowl, combine the sugar, soy sauce, cider vinegar, ginger, garlic and, pepper.
- Pour over chicken.
- Cover and cook on low for 4 to 5 hours.
- Remove chicken to a serving platter and keep warm.
- Skim fat from cooking liquid and place the liquid in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Combine cornstarch and water until smooth.
- Gradually stir into liquid and stir until sauce is thickened.
- Serve over chicken.