My favorite way to serve these are hot out of the oven with butter and strawberry jelly.
Recipe type: Breakfast
- ¾ cup yellow cornmeal
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ¾ cups milk
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a muffin pan with paper liners
- In a large bowl, mix together the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, sugar, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the eggs a little and then whisk in the honey and milk.
- Add the milk mixture and the melted butter to the dry ingredients.
- Stir until just blended, be careful not to overmix.
- Spoon the batter evenly into the prepared muffin tins.
- Bake 17 to 20 minutes.
- Serve warm and enjoy.