This was so flavorful the sweet potatoes, sausage and apple offset each other with the sweetness and spiciness.
Sweet Potato, Sausage & Apple Bake
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1-1/2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped
- 1 Large red onion, chopped
- 2 Medium apples, chopped
- 1 Pound sweet Italian pork sausage ( I used chicken)
- 3 Cloves garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon maple syrup
- 1 Teaspoon dried rosemary (or 1 Tablespoon fresh chopped)
- 1 Teaspoon salt
- ¼ Teaspoon pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut sweet potatoes, onion, and apples into bite-sized chunks.
- Cut the sausage into one-inch coins.
- Set the chopped apples aside.
- Add the potatoes, onion, sausage, and, garlic to 9 x 13 baking pan.
- Add olive oil, maple syrup, rosemary, salt, and, pepper.
- Toss well so that everything is evenly coated.
- Bake uncovered for 20 minutes.
- Add the apples and stir.
- Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until potatoes are tender and the sausage is cooked.