This soup was delicious and an easy way to make New England Clam Chowder.
Instant Pot -New England Clam Chowder
Recipe type: Soup
- 3 slices of bacon
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk of celery, diced
- 2 cups clam juice
- 3 to 4 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 3 cans clams, drained (reserve juice)
- 1 cup of cream
- 2 cups of water
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon thyme
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Cut bacon into pieces.
- Add bacon to the Instant Pot and press saute.
- Cook bacon until done.
- Add the onion and celery cook until both are soft (about 3 to 4 minutes)
- Add clam juice, potatoes, and spices
- Mix well, then add the water, and mix well
- Using the manual setting. select a 5 minute cook time, with vent sealed.
- Once cook time is complete, allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, followed by a quick release and then add the clams, saute for another 5 minutes, which will cook the clams.
- Mix in the cream and continue to saute, until the soup is hot which will not take long.
If you want the soup to be thicker, either add some flour or change water to 1.5 cups and the cream to 1.5 cups.