This is the same recipe for my Hearty Hamburger Soup but I make it in my Instant Pot. It takes only 5 minutes to cook instead of 30 minutes on the stove.
Instant Pot Hearty Hamburger Soup
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 pound ground beef ( or ground turkey)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (14-1/2 ounces)
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- In the Instant Pot, brown the ground beef using the Saute function, breaking up the meat.
- Once the meat is mostly cooked, add remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set the vent to the sealed position.
- Using the manual setting, set for 5 minutes.
- Once the cook time is complete, allow a natural pressure release for 10 minutes, followed by a quick release.
- Serve and enjoy.