I love the way the house smells when I make this soup. It makes you feel so warm and cozy. I serve it with homemade bread which the family loves.
Hearty Hamburger Soup
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 pound ground beef ( or ground turkey)
- 4 cups of water
- 1 can diced tomatoes, undrained (14-1/2 ounces)
- 3 medium carrots, sliced
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 4 beef bouillon cubes
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- In a large saucepan, brown the beef and drain if needed.
- Add all remaining ingredients and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat.
- Cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.