These are the best molasses cookies. They are so soft and flavorful. Even after a few days, they still are stil so soft and taste like they just came out of the oven.
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¾ cup butter
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- ½ cup molasses
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg
- ½ cup white sugar (for coating raw dough balls) You can also use colored sugar.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet or use parchment paper.
- Cream together butter and brown sugar.
- Stir in egg and molasses and mix well.
- Add the dry ingredients and mix until combined.
- Cover and chill until firm (1-2 hours).
- Roll dough into small balls and roll in white sugar.
- Bake for 9 to 10 minutes ( in my oven I only baked for 9 minutes)