My daughter made this for dinner one night it was deliciously flavorful and a sumptuous way to enjoy the heart-healthy benefits.
Shrimp Orzo with Feta Cheese
- 1/1/4 cups uncooked orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 2 medium tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/14 pounds frozen shrimp thawed
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley or 1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Put frozen shrimp in a colander and run water over to thaw.
- Once thawed, drain and set aside
- Cook orzo according to directions.
- While orzo is cooking, heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add garlic; cook and stir 1 minute.
- Add tomatoes, and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil.
- Stir in shrimp.
- Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,4 to 5 minutes.
- Add orzo, parsley and pepper to shrimp mixture, heat through.
- Sprinkle with feta cheese.