Delicious. Love the coconut and they are baked to a crispy perfection.
Oven Fried Coconut Chicken Tenders
Recipe type: Dinner
- 4 to 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 boneless skinless chicken tenders
- ⅔ cup flour
- 2 teaspoons sea salt
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs ( I use regular breadcrumbs)
- ½ cup shredded sweetened coconut
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Place butter on a large rimmed baking tray and melt in the oven for a few minutes.
- Remove baking tray once the butter is melted. Set aside
- In a large Ziploc bag, combine the flour, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, and pepper.
- Add the chicken tenders and shake well to coat. Set aside
- In a shallow bowl, add the eggs and beat lightly with the milk; set aside.
- In another shallow bowl, combine the coconut, panko crumbs and dried basil and parsley.
- Dip each chicken tender in the egg mixture then coat well with the panko mixture.
- Place the chicken tenders onto the baking tray.
- Bake for 12 minutes, using tongs to carefully flip chicken.
- Bake for another 6 to 8 minutes (depending on thickness).
- Finish by broiling for 1 to 2 minutes. or until chicken turns golden and crispy.
- Serve with your favorite dipping sauce.