I love this recipe it is so simple and taste so much better the can version. I like to make things from scratch whenever I can for my family.
Condensed "Cream of Anything" Soup
- 1 cup cold milk
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1-1/2 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chicken bouillon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/8 teaspoon dried parsley
- In a small saucepan, whisk together milk and cornstarch.
- Add butter, bouillon, salt, pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and parsley.
- Bring to a boil and stir constantly because it thickens quickly.
- You can use this to replace on 10.75 oz can of cream of anything soup.
- For Cream of Mushroom: Stir in one 4 oz can of mushroom pieces.
- For Cream of Chicken: Stir in 1/4 cup cooked diced chicken pieces.
- For Cream of Celery: Stir in 1/2 cup sauteed chopped celery.