This is my mother-in-law’s recipe which is a favorite in my house. When I make them they usually don’t last long because you can’t just eat one.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chunk Cookies
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup butter softened
- ½ cup granulated sugar ( I used ¼ cup)
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 egg
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chunks
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Mix flour, baking soda, and salt.
- Beat butter, sugars and pumpkin pie spice in a large until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, canned pumpkin, and vanilla; mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until well blended.
- Stir in chocolate chunks.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls, 2 inches apart, onto baking sheets.
- Bake 12 to 13 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Cool on baking sheets for one minute.
- Remove to wire racks and cool completely.