I like anything pumpkin. This is a great recipe for fall but I make them all year round.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bars
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin puree ( not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 package (12 ounces) semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13-inch baking pan and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, pumpkin pie spice, baking soda, and salt; set aside
- Cream butter and sugar on medium-high speed until smooth.
- Add eggs and vanilla and beat until combined.
- Add pumpkin puree and mix well.
- Reduce speed to low, and mix in dry ingredients until just combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips.
- Spread batter evenly in prepared pan.
- Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until done.
- Cool bars completely in pan.
- Cut into squares and enjoy,