Easy Cheeseburger Pie
This is like biting into a cheeseburger on a hot summer day.
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 pie shell unbaked ( frozen or homemade)
- 1 pound ground beef
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 crushed cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ cup flavored fine breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard ( or favorite mustard)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 teaspoons of sweet or dill relish
- 1/1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Sliced tomatoes (optional)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Brown ground beef with onion in a large skillet or saute pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, Italian seasoning, salt, pepper, and breadcrumbs.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs with mustard, ketchup and Worcestershire sauce.
- Then stir in relish.
- Stir mixture into the cooled ground beef.
- Stir in a ½ cup of cheese.
- Pack into pie shell and bake for 30 minutes.
- Top with sliced tomatoes, if desired, then top with remaining cheese and bake for 5 to 10 minutes longer, until cheese topping is melted and crust is brown.