This was well received by my family. It is nice because it makes enough for leftovers which is always great.
Chicken Alfredo Baked Penne
Recipe type: Dinner
- 8 ounces penne noodles
- 2-3 chicken breasts, salt, and pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 3 cups milk
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parsley for topping ( optional)
- Preheat oven 400 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking pan and set aside.
- Bring a large pot to a boil and add penne noodles and cook according to package directions.
- Drain and set aside.
- Pound chicken to ½ inch thickness and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Cook in a greased skillet over medium heat 5 to 6 minutes on each side until cooked through.
- Chop into 1-inch pieces and set aside.
- In the skillet where you cooked the chicken, melt the butter over medium heat.
- Once melted, sprinkle flour over the butter and stir until it clumps together.
- Gradually whisk in the milk until smooth.
- Stir in garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.
- Add ½ cup parmesan cheese and stir until melted and completely incorporated.
- In a large bowl combine cooked penne, chicken and the sauce and stir to combine.
- Transfer mixture to greased baking dish.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes until cheese is melted and begins to brown around the edges.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley if desired and serve.