This is a great way to use the abundance of zucchini and eggs we have. The family really enjoyed it.
Zucchini Sausage Egg Casserole
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- Chicken apple sausage 12 ounces sliced and cut into quarters
- 4 cups cubed bread
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 9 x 13 baking dish.
- In a large bowl beat the eggs.
- Add the ricotta and beat until smooth.
- Mix in the grated Parmesan cheese, salt, and pepper.
- Add the basil, zucchini, and sausage to the egg mixture.
- Mix the bread cubes into the egg mixture.
- Pour the mixture into baking dish.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- The casserole should puff up and brown lightly.
- If not puffed and browned after 30 minutes, increase temperature to 425 degrees and cook for an additional 5 to 10 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let cool on a rack for 10 minutes before cutting into squares to serve.