My family loves this recipe especially when I use squash from our garden. This is a perfect side dish anytime of the year.
Chessy Squash Casserole
Recipe type: Dinner
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 medium yellow squash, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon of butter
- ½ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 cup sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup sour cream
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 sleeve buttery crackers, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
- Heat olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Saute the squash and onion until soft.
- Stir in Parmesan, cheddar, sour cream, salt, and pepper.
- Stir until all ingredients are combined.
- Place squash mixture in prepared casserole dish.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with crushed crackers.
- Baked for 20 minutes or until top is golden and bubbly.