This is a great recipe for anyone who has gluten sesnsitivity. It makes a small batch (4) cupcakes. The cupcakes were very moist and had a nice fudge taste.
Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes ( Small Batch)
Recipe type: Dessert
- ¼ cup chocolate chips
- ¼ cup butter, cubed
- ⅓ cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ¼ salt
- Chocolate Fudge Frosting Recipe:
- ½ cup butter, at room temperature
- 1½ cups powdered sugar sifted
- ⅓ cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and chocolate chips and melt in 30-second increments until the butter and chocolate have melted.
- Whisk in the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and salt, mix until just combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner ⅔ full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are set.
- Let fully cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting:
- Beat softened butter on medium speed for 3 minutes until light and creamy.
- Add sugar and beat until the buttercream is light and fluffy.
- Add the milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and enjoy.
I did not frost the cupcakes, but I plan on frosting them next time.