This is a great recipe for anyone who has gluten sesnsitivity. It makes a small batch (4) cupcakes. The cupcakes were very moist and had a nice fudge taste.
Flourless Chocolate Cupcakes ( Small Batch)
- 1/4 cup chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup butter cubed
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 salt
- Chocolate Fudge Frosting Recipe:
- 1/2 cup butter at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar sifted
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons whole milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the butter and chocolate chips and melt in 30-second increments until the butter and chocolate have melted.
- Whisk in the brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla until smooth.
- Mix in the cocoa powder and salt, mix until just combined.
- Fill each cupcake liner 2/3 full.
- Bake for 15 minutes or until tops are set.
- Let fully cool before frosting.
- To make the frosting:
- Beat softened butter on medium speed for 3 minutes until light and creamy.
- Add sugar and beat until the buttercream is light and fluffy.
- Add the milk, cocoa powder, and vanilla and mix until just combined.
- Frost cooled cupcakes and enjoy.
I did not frost the cupcakes, but I plan on frosting them next time.