My husband loves sugar cookies and I wanted a recipe that does not require chilling the dough. This recipe is truly easy and the cookies are delicious.
Easy Sugar Cookies
Serves: 3 dozen
- 2¾ cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon baking powder
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1½ cups white sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a small bowl, stir together flour, baking soda and, baking powder. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until smooth.
- Beat in egg and vanilla.
- Gradually blend in the dry ingredients.
- Roll rounded teaspoonfuls of dough into balls, and place onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes, or until golden.
- Let stand on cookie sheet two minutes before removing to to cool on wire racks.
In my oven I cook the cookies for 10 to 12 minutes.