Bananas are not my husband’s favorite but he did enjoy this bread. I, on the other hand, love bananas and always have them on hand. So I decided to put a few favorite ingredient together to create this bread.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Bread
- 2 cups flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 medium bananas mashed
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar can use 1/2 cup for more sweetness
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar can use 1/2 cup for more sweetness
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips can use less
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Grease a 9 x 5 loaf pan.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- In a separate large bowl, whisk together the banana, peanut butter, sugars, buttermilk, oil, eggs and vanilla extract until smooth.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the flour mixture and mix until completely combined.
- Gently stir in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared loaf pan
- Bake for 1 hour or until inserted knife comes out clean.
- Allow bread to cool in pan about 10 minutes, then turn onto a wire rack to cool completely.
If the bread is browning too quickly, cover to with foil.