My family and I make these cookies every year for Christmas. They may not be a traditional Christmas cookie, but we LOVE them!
Red Velvet Crinkle Cookies
- 1-2/3 cup flour
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1-1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup butter softened
- 1-1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons red food color
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup confectioner's sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease cookie sheets.
- Mix flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt in medium bowl.
- Beat butter and granulated sugar in a large bowl beat until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, food color and vanilla; mix well.
- Gradually beat in flour mixture until well mixed.
- Stir in white chocolate chips
- Refrigerate 4 hours.
- Shape into 1-inch balls.
- Roll in confectioners' sugar mixture to completely coat.
- Place 2 inches apart onto baking sheet.
- Bake 12 to 13 minutes.
- Cool on baking sheets for 2 minutes
- Transfer to wire racks and cool completely.
In my double oven cook time is 12 minutes