I made this to go with cheesecake for New Year’s Eve. It was a big hit. My husband wanted to eat it all by itself. It tasted even better the next day. I was hoping to have some left over for pancakes but that never happened.
- 4 cups sliced strawberries
- ½ cup water
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Combine sliced strawberries, ½ cup
waterand 2 tablespoons sugar in a small saucepan.
- Over medium-high heat, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Combine 1 tablespoon water and 2 teaspoons cornstarch in a small bowl.
- Add cornstarch mixture to pan.
- Bring to a boil.
- Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Transfer mixture to a bowl to cool to room temperature.
- Once cooled, stir in 2 teaspoons lemon juice.