I love fruit and cookies, what a great combination these cookies are. They are quite delicious. They are a family favorite summer time cookie.
Peach Drop Cookies
- 2 cups + 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 large ripe peaches peeled, pitted, and cut into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup peach preserves
- 3 tablespoons sanding sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line baking sheets with silicone liners or parchment paper.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat butter, sugar, and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add egg and vanilla, and mix well.
- Add flour, salt, and baking soda, mixing just until combined.
- Add peaches and preserves, mixing just until combined
- Drop dough by tablespoons onto prepared pans, leaving about 2-inches between cookies.
- Combine sanding sugar and cinnamon.
- Sprinkle each cookie with a little of the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake cookies 11 to 13 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Cool on pans for 5 minutes.
- Then, carefully transfer cookies to wire racks to cool.