My family loved this blondies. My husband said it was like eating apple pie
Apple Cinnamon Blondies
Recipe type: Dessert
- 2 sticks unsalted butter
- ¾ cups packed brown sugar (light or dark)
- ¾ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1-1/2 teaspoons, pure vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups peeled, small diced apples ( 2 apples)
- 1 cup walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 13 x 9 baking pan. Line with parchment paper, leaving a slight overhang.
- In a large bowl, beat the sugars and butter on medium until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add the eggs and vanilla and beat to combine. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cinnamon, baking powder and salt. Add the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat until combined.
- Fold in apples and walnuts (if using).
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and spread it out into an even layer.
- Bake for 33 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- The lift the bars out using the parchment overhang and transfer to a cutting board.
- Cut into 24 pieces.