This was amazing. It was another delicious way to use/cook spaghetti squash.
Baked Spaghetti Squash Casserole
- 1 large spaghetti squash
- 1 onion diced
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1 pound lean ground beef
- 2 cups crushed tomatoes
- 1 8 ounces can tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese shredded
- Cut Spaghetti Squash in half and scoop out seeds.
- Pour one cup of water into the Instant Pot and add trivet.
- Place the Spaghetti Squash into the Instant Pot.
- Place lid on Instant Pot and set the vent to the sealed position.
- Using the manual setting, select 7 minute cook time.
- Once the cook time is complete, quick release.
- Carefully remove Spaghetti Squash.
- When completely cooled, use a fork to scrap into a bowl and set aside.
- In a medium skillet, cook ground beef with onion and garlic until no longer pink.
- Drain and return to skillet.
- Stir in crushed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chicken broth, Italian seasoning, salt, and pepper and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and allow the sauce to simmer about 10 minutes.
- Stir in grated Parmesan cheese and continue to simmer.
- In a 9 x 13-inch baking dish, spoon 1-1/2 cups of meat sauce into the bottom and spread out evenly.
- Layer with 1/2 of the spaghetti squash then 1-1/2 cups more of meat sauce, then the rest of the spaghetti squash, the rest of the meat sauce and top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake for 30 minutes, then remove foil and bake an additional 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
You can replace the 1 pound of ground beef with ground turkey.