My daughter loves this dip. Which is amazing since she does not like beans. This dip is frequently asked for my family and friends.
White Bean Dip with Pita Chips
- 1 (15-ounce) can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ⅓ cup olive oil, plus 4 tablespoons
- ¼ cup (loosely packed) fresh Italian parsley leaves
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 6 pitas
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the beans, garlic, lemon juice, ⅓ cup olive oil, and parsley in a food processor.
- Pulse until mixture is coarsely chopped.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Transfer the bean puree to a small bowl.
- Cut each pita in half and then into 8 wedges. Arrange the pita wedges on a large baking sheet.
- Pour the reamining oil over the pitas. Toss and spread out the wedges evenly. Sprinkle with the oregano, salt and pepper. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until toasted and golden in color.