Serve with some fresh bread and what a great meal it makes.
Sausage, Peppers, Onions and Potato Bake
Recipe type: Dinner
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 pounds Italian sausage links, cut into 2-inch pieces
- ¼ cup olive oil (can use a little more)
- 4 large potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- 2 large green bell peppers, seeded and cut into wedges
- 2 large red bell peppers, seeded and cut into wedges
- 3 large onions, cut into wedges
- ½ cup white wine
- ½ cup chicken stock
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F
- Heat 2 teaspoons of olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat, and cook and stir the sausage until browned.
- Transfer the cooked sausage to a large baking dish.
- Pour ¼ cup of olive oil into the skillet, and cook the potatoes, stirring occasionally, until browned about 10 minutes.
- Place the potatoes into the baking dish, leaving some oil.
- Cook and stir the green and red peppers and onions in the hot skillet until they are beginning to soften, about 15 minutes.
- Add vegetables to the baking dish.
- Pour wine and chicken stock over the vegetables and sausage, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
- Gently stir the sausage, potatoes, and vegetables together
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until hot.